China Business Services is delighted to announce that we will be a partner for the C-Zone London conference – about opportunities in sport in China – on 11 July at Chelsea Football Club in London. Please see details below:
C-Zone London. July 11th, 2006, Chelsea Football Club, London
This month up to 50 million Chinese will watch each of the FIFA world cup games even though their team is not playing…that’s the power of sport in China.
If you want to know more about how to leverage the power of sports in China, then this is the event for you. At C-Zone London you will find
out the answers to these and many other of your questions related to the world’s most seductive and yet most intimidating market…
• Are you investing in Chinese football or other sport in China?
• Are you compiling a strategy to access the China market?
• Are you investigating into partnerships and joint ventures in China?
• Are your sponsors wanting to access China’s expanding consumer market?
• Are you a brand wanting to globalize?
You will hear from four brands which have been very successful in China:
• Kodak – was the first sponsor of the Olympic Games in 1896 and still uses this platform to access target markets
• Adidas – Olympic sponsor and powerful brand in China
• Lenovo – first Chinese brand to be an international Olympic sponsor and sponsor of Ronaldinho
• B&Q – has 50 stores all over China and has used sport as a key tool to build its brand and increase sales.
PLUS Beijing 2008 Olympics, Tennis Masters Cup, Formula 1, MotoGP, World Snooker China Open, FINA World Swimming Championships, HSBC Champions, Golf, BMW Asian Open, Volvo China Open, Ellen MacArthur Asian Record Circuit etc…some of the international events taking place in China.
Hear from rights holders, both new and long term in China:
• A1 Grand Prix – the new world cup of motorsport taking place in 11 cities including Shanghai
• Asian Football Confederation – FIFA’s 2nd largest confederation with 45 member countries and 100 million registered football players
• Chelsea Football Club – an innovative and sustainable approach to the China market
• When “yes means no”. Experts will explain the cultural challenges of doing business in China and discuss the real opportunities and risks:
• Rouse & Co – IP leaders in China and will assist in clarifying what is true and what is not about copyright and brand protection
• S2M Group – a Chinese sports marketing company with long term expertise in the business of sport in China
• CBBC – the China Britain Business Council is the UK government’s chosen partner to expand China business development services
• SMEs and China – what are the options? Hear Stockport FC’s innovative strategy
Also present at the event will be senior representatives from BOCOG – Beijing Organising Committee for the Games of the XXIX Olympiad, British Olympic Association, London 2012, China Sports Industry Association, Beijing Sport Foundation and the UK Trade & Investment.
Register today for the most comprehensive source of up-to-the-minute information to help you get a piece of the action. And, keep the evening free to take advantage of networking opportunities with a specially invited celebrity guest list. For further information please phone on +44 (0) 845 450 6400 or visit www.c-zonechina.com  .